Friday, November 24, 2006

RESPONSE TO THE RECENTLY DECEASED 'ROBO' (PART TWO).

Robo says::

“””I keep politics out of Chipps and Loopus for a reason. I want their world to feel like their world, not ours. I go out of my way not to reference pop culture or politics in the strip. I am a big fan of Walt Kelly, and he mixed politics into his strip all the time, to the detrement of the strip at times. Many have said that the politics in Pogo tainted that little world forever, and that is why I stay out of it in "Chippy and Loopus."”””

Well! A moment of agreement. I think that it’s a wise choice. UNLESS you’re whole thrust is pretty much a political cartoon. Where it IS what it is. Even the ones that do it REALLY, REALLY WELL, it still kinda bothers me. No matter what the slant. It always reminds me of a cameo of a star that’s just in the movie for like a split second..(ala Christian Slater in the star trek movie….bugged the crap outta me!). It’s just a mental speed bump and assumes wrongly that everyone is gonna think you’re the bees knees in being clever. When it’s just being arrogant and narcissistic. COUGH! COUGH! COUNTSY! COUGH! COUGH!!!

Lastly,

Robo says:::

“”””I know who you are, and you know I know, so let's drop the coy double talk. Don't worry, I won't "out you" so just calm down. “””

Again, I don’t know how else to be more clear. You assume that I’m worried. Somehow a’shakin in muh boots <<<”so just calm down”>>>. At the thought of being “outted”.

Tell me, robo…..even countsy who we can safely say, pretty much can’t stand me, even HE doesn’t think I’m stupid. Do YOU think that I would come into this thing and say the things that I say, in the manner that I say them. Straight from the gut, and not think that someone, SOMEWHERE wouldn’t know who I am?

Of course not.

Do I care?

Of course not.

We both know it’s really not that big of an industry. We, no doubt know many of the same people.

You may or may not know me or at the least, know who I am. Let’s return to my original question. How have I been unfair to YOU? Yeah….I’ve called you out on a few issues. Yeah, I’ve been in debate with you about art issues, and I have also been complimentary towards you. I’ve been honest with you, both in crit and compliment.

If you DON’T know who I am, then go back to one of my waaaaaaaay earlier posts, where I say that you will know me by my posts. You will. I will be honest with people. About their work, (if they are posting) or their philosophies from art to politic to ANYTHING. I WILL do my very best to be honest with people. Countsy is a monkey ass, but a very, VERY talented monkey ass. I can say that. And it aint even hard, sweetheart. Because it’s the truth, and I have to be honest enough to myself to say it. AND admit when I’m wrong. You still have me pondering something these many months later. And I’ll get around to that, Later.

NOW! THAT SAID,

IF you DO know who I am, then all you have to do is look into my past, and tell me if what I have had to say is anything that I wouldn’t tell anyone. Be it a friend or be it a foe.

Would I have it in me to say it. No matter to whom, if it were what I observed it to be or felt it needed to be said. If I believed it was important enough to say. IF I believed it to be the TRUTH.

If you DO know who I am, then I think you would have to come to the conclusion,

‘Yeah….he would.’

Maybe that’s the thing…I wont needlessly pet someone for pettings sake. I will always TRY to be honest with them. Whether I know them or not. I owe it to them to be so.

But trust me when I say this robo, and I mean this with all my grisly blackened heart.

I don’t care WHO knows who I am. Let me say that in Spanish just in case you’re of the Latino descent.

“”Los pies huelen como los monos hacen””

Or of the French descent:

“”Hé le marin est que mes fesses que vous mâchez sur ?”””

Maybe German descent:

“”Meine pepperoni Brustwarzen sind spur mit Vorahnung””

And what the heck, so there is no confussion, just in case you’re an IIII-TALION:

“”””Prego, la faccia di conti somiglia al mio pooper su un giorno pruriginoso.”””

So please..dont think otherwise. Feel free to spread the word if you like. It ISNT I who is afraid of not being invited to the Starbucks to laugh at fat people. Somehow…I…I think I will carry on

My confidence is high, and

My priorities are elsewhere.

I think I’ve answered your post. Although I WOULD still like to know where you feel I’ve been unfair to you. I really am curious. So do tell me if you like. I mean, it’s not as if I’ve said anything to you that’s just OUTRAGEOUS! Or said anything to you like: “ “”You SIR, are a punk a@@, hairy back Martha, jerk weed, camel nose, retarded, stinkwad, weevil bottomed, baboon a@@, noodlespined, sissy of a Nancy boy, bill clinton, hack of a toad testis, flaccid, weenie, anal gland, turdball, pansy that stinks of beck Bristow penis.

Because THEN you would have a legitimate beef with me. Because it’s not true, and I would be speaking a falsehood. And besides, ‘countsy’ already HAS dibbs on that name, and I cant give it to the BOTH of you.

OH and let me say for the record, that I really am glad that you are at the pixie!! I was praying for ya, during that bout. I really do think it will be great for you and that you will learn and hopefully do something that I think is hard to do at Disney for a story guy…GROW. So hopefully they will kick your assy, cuz you need to delearn all the butt gags, and get back to…well…making good stories.

And you will..cuz you good.

I wish you well robo. Believe it or not, I don’t wish ‘countsy’ any ill will either. I hope nothing but the best for ya both! With that, I will say I hope you had good turkey day. Although you are a lefty so I hope you had good tofurky day, and I wish you a fantastic Christmas! (Although you are a lefty, but sorry, I just cant bring myself to say happy ‘winter solstice’—again, ssssssssssssssssssorry.)

Hip hop le hibby to da hibby.

Outta here.