Monday, March 26, 2007

Elizabeth

About a week ago, the news came out that democrat and presidential hopeful (God forbid), john edwards was going to have a news conference about his wife’s health.

His wife Elizabeth has had a recurrence of cancer.

Now I can’t stand john edwards, I think he is as horrid a person as a trial lawyer is capable of being. And that’s pretty horrid. But I feel for them. I do. I remember being in an argument/debate with a guy. He had made a comment in a blog entry wishing cancer on a Republican (cant remember who exactly-but a conservative all the same.).When I cornered him and properly spanked him about that, telling him that I thought it was a juvenile thing to wish that on any human being. He got a lil whiney and wished prostate cancer on me.

nice, huh. But...very typical of the left.

When conservative commentator Laura Ingraham had HER bout with cancer, the leftist blogs were abuzz with hatred towards her, wishing her death. And wishing it quickly.

Nasty post after nasty post.

To be fair, the right...MY side has its nutter butters as well. But no where near what the left has. I checked the blogs and forums to see what the right was saying about Elizabeth Edwards’s story.

What I saw was a lot of well wishes, and prayers for her and her family. Nary a nasty post. Nary a hateful word toward her.

Its just another difference between the two parties. One party grounds itself (or tries with all its might) in values, rooted in their faith. Accountable to a higher being, to live their lives in the shadow of God.

The other party, the party of the left, believes themselves to be 'humanists'. Living by the moral code of ..."as long as I live a good life and I'm a good person".

Ironically those 'humanists' are the ones who despise humanity the MOST.

Which is why they so enthusiastic choose to throw the people of Iraq to butchers. Or are indifferent to the life of a baby. Or look the other way to the massacres in Cambodia, and now Darfur.

Or... why it is so easy, to casually wish someone that you hate..... An incurable disease.

I said to this guy that I was arguing with, that I could never do that...for several reasons. Such as, that that person may be a Daddy, or a Mommy. Or a Precious Son, Or Precious Daughter.

They would be memories. They would be missed. And they would always be loved...even in absence.

So with that, I wish you well Elizabeth Edwards. You and your family. I WILL pray for you. I WILL pray for your husband.

I WILL pray for your CHILDREN.