Friday, March 30, 2007

A SALUTE

For those of you out there that know me, know that what I value more than anything at all: Is FAMILY.

I adore it, cherish it, bask in it.
I recently read a eulogy from someones wife about his father. "Ulpiano", who passed away on March 16, at the age of 82.
The eulogy spoke of a good man, a passionate man. A man who was filled with a huge love. A love for his family.
A man that even in hard times, be it in the separation of him from his wife as he waited for the slow immigration process to work,
or the hard times of being in bed due to illness, how he longed to have his family near him. Warmed himself in the light of their love.
A man that served, and worked hard at his job and did it to the very best of his ability for a wife of 54 years, with 7 children, 16 grandchildren, and
6 great-grandchildren.

There's a word for that folks.

Success.

I tip my hat to you "Ulpiano". I tip my hat to you for knowing what your priorities in life are. Not many people do these days. I tip my hat to you for your deep and passionate love for your family.
I tip my hat to you for being an inspiration BECAUSE of that love.
I don't know you, I've never even heard of you before today. But I know a little about your story. Its similar to others that I know, others that have true happiness and joy due to the love of and for family.
I wish that I HAD met you at some point. Because your the type that inspire me. The kind that remind me of those most important of priorities.

To remind me of what I'm shooting for.
Not the next animated scene to get done in order to wow the audience.
Not the next painting or drawing or design.
Not the next illustration to get the next pat on the back...

Instead, to try with all my heart to be a great man,
So that I may be that great Husband.
To be that great Daddy.....
To be that cornerstone so that I too, may leave a great legacy.....In the form of... my Family.


"Ulpiano"....Godspeed.