Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jeez! You sit down to write a quick post on animation...

And that 'quick post' turns into a friggin TWO parter. So I'm going to have to do some editing on it.It might still be a two parter, but at least it'll be pared down abit.
So until then, I'll put up a 'short' little PRE- animation post.
I saw a little bit from robo regarding my post to him about a possible meet up at the con. Hopefully both our schedules will allow it. Who knows.

Robo::

"""Oh yeah, our old friend Handel written me....and has either invited me to dinner or challenged me to a fight. If Handel and I ever do meet in real life, I'm sure we'll be civil. Nobody "swings on" anyone in real life.""""

Yeah. I'm sure we will. Although I would have a drink. Just to be loosey goosey. No reason to get in each others face right off the bat. Which while 'swinging' would more than likely not happen, getting in each others face is entirely possible. Truthfully, If a brawl did break out, more than likely it would resemble the 'walk off' fight in "Zoolander".
And we would somehow end up covered in Salad, which would be odd since neither of us would be eating salad. And odder still, Robo's pants would be unzipped. (Trust me on this...I don't know why. It's his trademark fighting style. He calls it "ruddy Eskimo style". I call it "ew").

Robo:::
""""Nobody "swings on" anyone in real life...well, except Danny Bonaduce. And Handel is NOT Danny Bonaduce. Or Russel Crowe or even Jon Lovitz. Trust me.""

This is...thankfully true. But If I WERE Danny Bonaduce, that would make robo my: Johnny Fairplay!
If I WERE Russel Crowe, that would make robo..every J.O. in the known world.
If I WERE Jon Lovitz, that would make robo: Andy Dick!
Well...At least the last name is most fitting.

robo::
"""..Then he quit posting and would only comment from the relative safety of his blog. I started "Pointed Stick" to argue with his because I didn't want to clutter up this place with arguments that had nothing to do with the strip."""

Robo..Please. "Relative safety of his blog"? Robo....you make it sound as if I am running from any sort of debate you might have to offer. Nothing could be further from the truth. Anytime you wanna debate anything....A N Y T H I N G. I'm right here.
In fact its quite the opposite, it is you that is the one that cant seem to keep up. But I'm patient robo. Very very patient.
And to clarify again (I often have to repeat myself in your case), I stopped posting on your bloggy because as I said...IF I'm going to have THIS blog, I just couldn't spend that much time posting on other blogs AND this one. Its just not possible. Plus that just gets people reading YOUR blog to see what I HAVE to say. No point really. THIS WAY- we both have our say. And also...In all honesty, I really did see your point when you said that it took too much of your comments section. So I stopped. I can say everything I need to say...RIGHT HERE. And say it I do.

robo::
"" After a while, it just felt futile, and I lost interest. Also, calmer heads here at work said that I shouldn't even bother and that Handel wasn't worth the effort.""

I fully agree! Not worth the effort! Not in the slightest. I just calls em' as I see's em. Pansies and p&^&^%$'ies. I'll leave it to you and countsy to figure out which of you is which.
But please...Realize that I mean this in a very loving and warm way.

robo::
""" I checked out his blog on Sunday out of habit and saw his little drunken invitation to the dance.""

Oh robo. Two glasses of wine hardly make for 'drunken'. At least for most people (lightweight).
And I didn't invite you to a 'dance'. It was an invite to a drink, perhaps some noodle salad, a slab of jerky..maybe some nachos(mmm nachos). NOT a 'dance'.
Or are you using hip, youngster lingo? I truly HOPE you think that I was inviting you to a 'dance', because after someone adopts the youngster lingo, then you start buying jazzy sports cars, and then big gawdy silver belt buckles that say "MANSTER". And a leather jacket with a giant eagle embroidered on the back. Perhaps some 'gator' boots!
Oh robo...say it ain't so. Say it ain't so.

robo::
""""I don't think I'll be taking an entire evening to dine with Handel, as I'd much rather spend those evenings with my lovely wife,..."""

OK EVERYONE! THAT'S OUR CUE! ALL TOGETHER NOW!
""AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!""
Seriously, that's very sweet. And I can fully understand that! Trust me. There are more pleasant ways for me to spend an evening as well. Like clenching my fist, carefully placing razor blades between each of my clenched fingers, and trying to swallow my entire hand. Blades and all.
But It is my way to reaching out to the intellectually challenged. I'm looking to help you out. I got to thinkin' about your musical theories. You know? Where you listen to the 'spin doctors' and think your a surgeon? Or listen to Miles Davis and then believe your a trumpet player? Yeah, that!
Well...I'm a'thinkin that maybe...JUST MAYBE mind you...Maybe if you hang out with me for like 10 minutes, that a little bit of me might rub off on ya! And you will hopefully be able to think clearly. Just a little bit. Well...that's my hope. A dream? Maybe. I just want the best for ya robo.
10 minutes might be too short, but we'll do what we can. (just don't go all 'ruddy Eskimo' on me).

robo::
"""...but we just might run into each other. If we do, it'll be interesting!"""

Well of course! I'm a very interesting fellow. Which means, that YOU wont be the one that falls asleep at dinner.

Mark Kennedy:::
"""You are right about Handel's artistic criticisms: they were always interesting and I enjoyed them. I am sorry to see that it turned so bad.""

Mark! Don't be sorry pallie. Nothing 'turned bad'. Its all good. Its just what it is. Ya know? You are a kind and oh so gentle soul. And if it were possible, I would hold you up (as in roots) and say to the Heavens, "THIS!! THIS OH LORD!! IS A GOOD AND DECENT FELLOW! KIND, GENTLE, WITH GOOD BLOG!! AND SMELLS OF LILACS AND DAFFODILS!"
But that would require me having to shower and put on pants and maybe shave (my neck and half my back and surprisingly my left foot-don't ask). More work than I think would be worth the effort I'm afraid.

countsy:::
"""You know there's no way in hell I can stay away from Comicon next year now. I'm going with three margaritas in me!!! Kick ass recap man!""

(Note to self....checklist for con.
Clean pair of man panties?: CHECK!
Toothbrush?: CHECK!
Taser?: CHECK!
Hacksaw?: CHECK!
Garbage bags?: CHECK!
Clear rout to ocean marked out?:CHECK!

Visa card ready to buy round of drinks for bar patrons, to celebrate the cleaning of the city of unsightly mess. Aw, what the heck- TWO rounds and nachos.: CHECK!!

scrblls::
""Seriously you guys should hug or something!""

gareth:
"" Handel... what a guy! I hoping you guys hug and make up.""

WOW! There seems to be allot of GUYS wanting to see us get all huggy up on each other robo!Well...these ARE your pals. (Ahem)
I'm remembering that photo of countsy and robo..hugging.
One guy looked all too willing to get cuddly and cozy, and the other looked as if he were made of wood! Very uncomfortable with the huggy's! Or so it seemed from the pic.
So what do ya say, robo? You wanna get all huggy baby's? I don't know, maybe. You ARE A SAN-FRAN MAN now.
COUGH COUGH COUGHruddyeskimoCOUGH COUGH COUGH!!

So that's that. Post coming soon..On animation.