Friday, August 03, 2007

Leftist pragmatist=oil and water

robo says:: """Here you go again keeping me from drawing my comic strip about swearing animals and strippers. Oh well, let's get to it."""


Sorry bout that robo. Here let me help you out some. Squirrel looks at dog. Says "Hey jerkweed! Hammer a nail in your head and then I'll slap you round some and look at dirty magazines! SLAP! SLAP! KAPOW!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

There. I just plotted your next five strips for you.

robo::
"""You didn't get that I called you a coward Handel? It was clear and precise. It was what we might call "On the nose". Not sure how you didn't get it. Oh yes, that damned reading comprehension problem again. Well shoot. Might I suggest the "Sylvan Learning Center"?""

No no.. Just speak clearly. Try not to over compensate for being less than clever. Just say it! Because if your not clever (which you sadly are not), you end up looking a wee bit silly.
Luckily for you, Your the 'smart' one in the bunch, meaning the rest of the bunch sit mindlessly blinking before erupting into a "GOOD ANSWER! GOOD ANSWER ROBO!GUH-HUH!"
Which is exactly what countsy did. Too funny. Seriously...Just say it, loud and proud.
If you had, we wouldn’t still be on this, now would we?

robo:::
"""You also go on to make even more assumptions about me. Who said I liked Kerry? Or Edwards? Or ANY democrat?""

I dont say that you like a 'democrat'. I'm saying that you side with those that have more of a leftist slant. Lets face it, there are very few democrats left in the political world. Those that are democrats of the Kennedy era would NOW be called republicans. What exists NOW in the place of democrats are...leftists.
I think you are a social and political leftist. But in an effort to sound..oh I don’t know...deep or enlightened, you do what all leftists do. Hide it by re-labeling it.
Liberal is a bad word to leftists. So they change it to 'progressives', or....'pragmatist'.
The problem that you face is that by doing so,you forget that you have to STILL defend your argument(s). Which gets you in trouble. You are a leftist robo. And you try to walk the fence.
In an effort to stay in the 'safe zone'. Not exactly a profile in courage. But then again, Most leftists aren’t.

robo::
""You assume that because I dislike that chimp you call a president, I must automatically be a democrat. """

Well this is interesting. You never answered my challenge about the President getting better grades than both kerry and gore. This is a fact. I'm guessing that you’re surrendering that bit to me. Fine. Calling him a 'chimp', must not mean his intellect, but that he just LOOKS like a chimp to you. Well...that’s fine. A bit immature, but not surprising. But hey.. YOU must look like the proverbial brad pitt or tom cruise to be picking on someone else’s looks.
Or maybe not. Maybe its just the lowest of attacks from someone who has no argument other than the "your a fat pig" argument. Sigh! (booooooooooooooriiiiinnng).
Again, I think your a leftist (as the term democrat by and large doesn’t really apply to too many any more).

robo:::
""Yes, yes, the White House is crowing about all the the foiled terrorist attacks and Bush seems to be taking full responsibility.""

And what? You think it’s just happening because we're all just closing our eyes and thinking good thoughts? Comon robo...that’s just stupid. OF COURSE he should take credit. If not him then who? nancy pelosi? al gore? john kerry? hillary? Which democrat deserves the credit? OK! Instead of democrat, which PERSON deserves the credit?
Stupid.
That’s not to say that we wont get hit again. But when we do, Bush will be the first one dimwits like you and countsy are going to blame though, right? Of course. Yeah...he can take full responsibility for there not being another attack yet. He’s doing a great job not only fighting the terrorist, but also the people that are doing everything in their power to make it EASIER to get attacked again.
The democrats are trying to make it impossible to listen in on conversations from foreign people IN foreign countries!
So yeah...Bush is fighting two wars from two sides. Terrorists and democrats. Both intent on doing enormous harm to the country.

robo:::
"""And yet I still don't think he's doing enough. How safe are the power plants? The ports? The water supply?"""

And yet, no attacks. Just lucky? Your a girl, robo. You bitch about him 'not doing enough', and yet discount the fact that we haven’t been attacked yet, but have no reason WHY we haven’t been attacked yet. You bitch about the 'Patriot Act' and yet think that its just CO-INK-A-DINK that we haven’t been hit for the last 6 years. You bitch about EVERY little thing that he does to fight these animals and yet whine "oh yet..yet I don' tink he doin' enough. What about the wa-wa?"
Well what about it robo? You've got nothin. Nothing but the sweet sounds of your own bitchy whinin'.
But then again, why not? It gives you the feeling of fitting in with the rest of the whiny gals.

robo::
"""I react to the idea of the Dems limiting my speech the same way I react to anyone who tries to do the same, with extreme anger and suspicion. The same way I reacted to "The Patriot Act".""

Well robo...I have YET to hear you rage about the dems doing anything. Hmmm, isn’t that interesting? Not really. As far as the 'Patriot Act', what rights have you given up robo? I for one haven’t given up anything. I'm confident that I am not breaking any laws. I am confident that I am NOT corresponding with any terrorists.
"Oh BUT HANDEL! THEY'RE LISTENING TO YOU!!"
Oh my sweet lil sister, robo...I don’t care. I'm not doing anything wrong. I want them to be listening in on the bastards. Don’t you? No. You want them to talk freely. I understand. Looking out for terrorists rights. Commendable.

robo::
"""You put words in my mouth when you assume I'm a dem or a liberal, Handsy. That is where you put the words in my mouth.
You ask who I'd vote for? Who do I like? Why right now, I like Rudy Guliani. Remember him? He's pretty good in a crisis. Yep. I like Rudy.

Well now. Here is where we see a little of what'cher made outter, robo.
WHAT is it that you like about Rudy? You say he's 'pretty good in a crisis'. Well it cant be his view on the war. Or on the handling of the war. Or the policy itself. Being that its EXACTLY the same as Bush'es. So it cant be that! It can’t be his handling of the mob back in the day, being that there were wiretaps. OR how he cleaned up New Yawk.
Hmm, that would just leave social issues. Perhaps his view on abortion? Although if it IS that, it must squeak you abit that he has stated that he will put on the bench judges that are in the mold of Roberts and Alito and not those that make it up as they go along. Maybe its his view on guns. I don’t know. BUT if it IS social issues, I would say that those two things lean abit on the left. Which, I don’t know, maybe that’s where your the most comfy. Like I said....A leftist.
But do tell me what you like about Rudy. I'm curious.

robo::
"""Hmmm. Did we attack Iraq because they are a harboring nation? I don't believe that was the reason we were told we were attacking Iraq. I remember something about WMDs. You remember that? A certain President assured us that we were there to find WMDs. There are none. Now, GW is working hard to connect Iraq and Al Qaeda. Not the leftists, GW."""

Yes,robo. Iraq being a harboring nation was one of the reasons we took out saddam. ONE of the reasons. The other reason was that he had used chemical weapons before. (Including on his own people). Along with his aggression to neighboring areas.
Our intelligence, ALONG WITH G.BRITONS INTEL, FRANCES INTEL, GERMANY, RUSSIA, CHINA ...EVERYONES, said that he had them. He had them before and we knew that he was in fact interested in getting nuclear weapons as well.
So all of that WITH the fact that he was harboring AND sponsoring terrorists.
ALL of those things made Iraq the clear front runner, and fit perfectly into what the state of the union stated right after 9-11.
As far as the connection between Iraq and Al Queda. Firstly there doesn’t NEED to be.
BUT...that said, do you really want to argue that there wasn’t? Do ya? Let me know, and we can go into another lil post, and I'll break down the time line between the two. (al-queda and saddam). You let me know. But you better do more thorough prep work lil sis.

Lastly (on this), leftist ARE trying to say that Bush had said that there was a connection between Iraq and 9-11. They are lying. Bush never said that there was. Not once. Back to the books junior.

robo::
"""I don't have a solution. Other than figure out who is responsible for the 9-11 attacks and take THEM out. That might make a terrorist think twice. All this crap in Iraq? It's just pissing people off and getting our guys killed. """

Sorry to have to quote the whole paragraph. Just needed to because it is such a good example of small thinking. Or no thinking whatsoever. Your problem is that you think that this battle is reduced to TWO people : bin laden and al-zawahiri.
It is NOT just about two people. This is about an entire structure and mindset that yeah..is worse than the damn Nazis. These are animals that have a screwed up, evil want and that is to put you under their law or kill you. No matter if you are old, female, child, invalid, gay, whatever. You are dead. No reasoning with them. And they want to die for it. This will go on far longer than bin laden. Because it is not a person but an evil twisted viewpoint.
I want bin laden to, but I'm smart enough to realize that this is bigger and more complicated than TWO PEOPLE. That this is a war like no other, that will go on for a very very long time. That’s a pragmatist. That’s a grownup.

robo::
""the right to a writ of Habeus Corpus is the most basic....Nazi war criminals had that right.....""

Ok robo. I see that you can copy paste. yes I know what Habeus Corpus is. You raise that the Nazi war criminals had that right. Yes. The difference, genius, is that THAT was at the end of THAT war. We are IN the middle of a war right now.
And if there are enemy combatants that have info...I WANT it. If there is a reason to hold them. I WANT them held. I do NOT want them getting hold of a high end attorney and making a circus out of our laws and our system. I don’t want them freed because of a technicality. So yeah, it has quite a bit to do with leftists and liberals. You want to give them the most basic of legal rights like the Nazis had; swell....after the war they can have all the basic legal rights they want. Hey, maybe since they are on Iraqi territory, THEY should be tried by Iraqi law. It IS the Iraqi's country right? (Genius).

robo::
"""if GW went on national TV and pulled the bloody Head of Osama bin Laden out of a bowling ball bag? Then I'd think "Mission accomplished". Hell, GW could even quote Reagan and say "You can run but you can't hide". Those pricks would think twice about fucking with us again!""

WHOOOOOOOOOOOAH! What about Habeus Corpus??? Don’t you want that for bin laden??
If not, WHY not? I mean comon now! It wasn’t HIM that drove the planes into the buildings. I mean many leftists doubt he had anything to DO with it. What PROOF is there that he had ANYTHING to do with it? Doesn’t HE deserve HIS day in court?
As far as holding the bloody head, blah blah blah...You guys get all irate about dunking these dookies in water! Your side would pee all over themselves if GW pulled the bloody head of osama out of a bag. HAHA! I'm sure that some would even hold candle light vigils for osama.
So, don’t gimme that.

robo::
"""However, this would'nt be as profitable for Halliburton or GW's daddy's freinds, so I won't hold my breath""

What does that even mean, robo. I mean its just regurgitated nonsense. OOOO HALIBURTON.
I'm sure you’re a black helicopter doof as well. Halliburton is there, because quite frankly they are the best at what they do. They are the quickest at what they do. There is no one that does it better. If you know of one, tell me. Bitcher. Regurgitator.
As far as Daddies friends. What are you talking about? That’s is such a no where statement. Meant to sound cool to your buddies. But yet, I shouldn’t be surprised.

robo::
""You agree on my border idea, so I won't go into that. Other than it's a cool idea.""

Well it’s a utopia idea. You cant deport that many people. You just can’t. You can build a fence. That would be a great help. Then you can speed up the process for legalization. Amongst other things.

robo::
"""Again, I don't expect you to understand the purpose of my music example,... look up these words in your big old Webster's : Analogy, Metaphor, simile, similitude."""

Again, I understood your music example. I just thought it was stupid. You know? Inane? Idiotic? Ridiculous? Laughable? Juvenile?
Hey that’s an idea! Look up: Stupid usage of an analogy. Inane usage of a metaphor. Juvenile usage of a simile.
That might help you understand my point.

robo:::
"""You spin some circular argument that is seemingly cribbed from the Bill O'Reilly/Rush Limbaugh playbook and then....""

Robo, first of all, I don’t crib anything. It’s been ages since I've watched O'Reilly. And I never listen to Rush or Hannity for that matter.
If you notice I don’t have a single link to any forum or blog or ANYTHING. (Although that might change--we'll see).
Unlike countsy who has every leftwing nutjob site and station as links on his bloggy. He who has posted Keith oberflake video countless times. He who fawns over all that silliness like the giggly weenie that he is.
Me...Not once. But again, that might change. We'll see.

robo::
"""Truth be told, I think DanO voices many of your beliefs and does it a mite better. ""

HA! Well, I have nothing but the highest of regards for Dan-O. I like to think of him as the 'good cop' in our little fun parade. I hear what your saying though. I hear countsy say the same stupid things you do. The only difference is that countsy is countsy. He doesn’t hide who or what he is. So its a little more respectable.
Your problem is that deep down I think that you are a lefty. But you try and be a 'fence walker'. So that you can say your 'pragmatic', when instead you don’t really have to take a stance because well...you try to have a foot in both waters. The problem with that is that often times your arguments wont make a whole lot of sense. They don’t hold up. (Your Rudy example. Your Habeus example.).
Fence walker.

But if you slip off that fence, you don’t have to worry about mashing your potatoes, because that would TAKE balls. And if you don’t have em, you have nuttin to worry about.

(See now? THAT’S an allegory. THAT’S a good usage of metaphor.)