Tuesday, July 03, 2007

countsy,robo (edit#2)

Well robo keeps yakkin at me, so lets not be rude-lets answer the sister shall we?

robo says:::

""Oh! Handel!!! Wow!! Fast answer!""

thank you, I'm very quick.

"""Way to backpedal, pal. If you say you weren't disparaging Peet's drawing ability, then fine. However, if you go back and read your Peet post, if you are really honest with yourself, then you'll see how I drew that conclusion."""

I'm not backpedalin' robo. Why would I need to backpedal? To keep from hurting someones feelings? Comon. I know what I said. I DID go back and re-read my peet posts. I read my posts SINCE them. I said "peet was a great story man" "the greatest story man that ever lived", "a great artist". Where...WHERE did I say that he was not good at drawing? WHERE did I disparage his work? Point it out to me.
My comments had to do with WHO he was comparing his ability to, belittling others draughtsmanship. I said that if you compare a drawing of his to just a toss off drawing from any animator, that its on par. But if you compare a dumbo to a dumbo..its not as good.

Here is the reason why a plain drawing put side by side any animators drawing, it might be on par..the reason its a 'great drawing' is: that there are many factors that make a 'great drawing'. And while something might lack in draughtsmanship, it makes up for in clarity and appeal (amongst other dynamics like attitude and emotion.)
COMON man, is that so hard for you to follow. Do we really have to go back to school for this??
Please DO point out where I've said that I have a low opinion of Peets drawing ability- or for that matter story artists drawing ability. What have I said that ISN'T TRUE.

Searching for responses took no time at all, really. I did it while eating lunch and making phonecalls. No one is talking about you or your article.

Uh oh! Robo's making phone calls! Let me see if I have this correct. An industry goof-is making phone calls to....OTHER industry goofs to see if they have read a blog post about an industry goof. He comes to the conclusion that in his mass network of people that he knows (which apparently both consists of 80 % of the world population who apparently work in the animation industry) has never heard of the posts I made regarding Bill Peet. So obviously...no one is reading it?
Folks, If you read back to some of my earlier posts, You will see where I stated that the industry has gotten very incestuous. Very 'clicky'. And all you have to do is read 'robo's lil bit there to see what I mean. The world as he sees it consists of the people he knows in studio and in the industry. To people like robo and countsy...It truly is a small world after all.
silly.

"""robo says::
""" Me Self centered? Arrogant? Doof? """

You see? NOW your listening! Gold star for you!

robo says:::
""" On a side note it's hilarious that you think that YOU are the reason that Will Finn started moderating his comments.
Your comment on his blog was obnoxious and stupid, it didn't bother him that much. Naw, it was a different jackass that got Will's goat.
And he's never seen your blog either.
Otherwise, he would have written me a quick e-mail asking why you wrote that ridiculous post about him."""

Robo, sweatypie ( and yes..I meant to spell it that way). I don't think that it was ME that was the reason that Will started to moderate his comments. I DO think that by him listing me, tells me that he was playing it cautious. I don't blame him.
Further, I simply said that I was sure that someone told him about me. Some one did. YOU. You did in the comment almost DIRECTLY after mine, warning him "don't pay any attention to.."""
Or don't you remember that? Its probably still there. Go and looky at it if you need some memories jolted.
As for my comments being 'obnoxious and stupid'. Nonsense. They were spot on. If you would like to argue the point. I'm game if you are, but you've lost before you've even begun. Trust me.
And I don't care if it it 'bothered him'. Its not my intent to 'bother him'.
And I don't care that "hes never seen my blog either".
My blog isn't meant for industry goons. That's your bag.
Mine is what it is.
By the way, What is the "ridiculous thing that I said about him"? I don't think that I said anything about HIM. Robo....are you making things up again? Now you know how that frustrates me, so.
The thing that's worse than a lite fibber is a full on liar.

robo says::
""" I gotta tell ya, that one even had ME scratching my head.
I thought "Geez, I know Handel is an ass, but why would he take a crack at someone who has never said an unkind word to are about him AT ALL?"""

Well, are you sure your scratching isn't due to something else? Perhaps some head and shoulders might do you well. I think Andreas told me that if you find small Australian Pygmies to pee on your head, that THAT might do the trick. But I think Andreas motives were suspect. (AHEM).
Robo...I think your a lil crazy. I think your a lil pathological in fact. PLEASE tell me what I said to Will that made you red in your lil ole cheeks? Tell me. Please...I'm askin nice and all.
I mean JEEEZE!
'Project much'?

"robo says::
""" In all seriousness though, I'm not the one who is constantly rememnding everyone how clever and smart I am.
I'm fairly aware of my place in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty small. But that's okay. Life is good."""

Well in all seriousness, robo..I myself am not all that smart or clever. Apparently just smarter and more clever than your average story artist. (sorry countsy-that means you to.)
I'm glad that you realize your place in the grand scheme of things. it IS small. But your world is small. The 'clik' is small. The network is small. It makes you a little on the 'elitist side'.
But it doesn't matter that your world is small, as long as you continue to believe that it should always revolve around you.
And yes...Life is good. Because as long as you continue to believe that, nothing else matters, does it?

robo says::

""" But you love me, don't you.
You can't stop thinking about me.
You lie awake dreaming of ways to get my attention.
You're so cute.""

Uhhh..yeah, sure. Whatever gets you through the lonely times, sugah.

robo says::

"""Oh, and try googling my real name next time and not "robo", silly. Or google "Chippy and Loopus." You'll get a few hits. Not many, but a few.
Congratulations on getting a Cintiq, Handel!!
You can use it to....um...What is it you do again?"""

Oh, I googled your real name, along with 'robo', and even a few that I just made up that seemed to fit the bill. Nothin'. So again...I think your fibbing. (tsk tsk).

As to what I do? well, I'm very blessed in that I have more than one skill. In which art industry are you asking about?
You see, I find that the more you know and the more you do..obviously the more rounded a person is. The better a person is. The more he can bring to the table.
Unfortunately there are many that are happy to be industry drones. Happy with just slagging along. Doing the same type of film over and over and over and over and over and over again. It doesn't matter to them really, so why change. That would mean changing it up abit and THAT would take work. Some just aren't comfy with that. I think that's rather sad.
Don't you agree?
If so...what is it that YOU do? How many industries have you done work in? Styles? Genres?
Medium?
You get back to me on that.

NEXT?!