Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hiya countsy and robo!(EDIT)

Well, as I'm trying to figure out my next post, I see that robo has posted a response to MY response. Rather than wait for someone to read my post to countsy and help him with the big words, I thought I would do a post for my lil pony, 'robo'.

Robo says:::

""He disagrees with my assessment of Bill Peet's drawing ability.
Hand seems to have a rather low opinion of the drawing ability of story artists in general and Mr. Peet's in particular. Nothing I can do to change that, I'm afraid, as this is a ridiculously wrong-headied opinion colored by personal bias."""

Now robo, I'm not sure of which of the two of you have the more challenging disability. 'Countsy' cant figure out how to communicate clearly, and YOU don't seem to listen too well.
I DON'T disagree with you on Peets drawing ability. He drew wonderfully, and beautifully. I never said that he didn't. In fact, IF you look at my post, I said that if you took his drawing of anything, and put it alongside any animators typical drawing or sketch, I would put it in its own way- on par with any of them. BUT if the intent is to draw DUMBO or any other character, and place it alongside an animators drawing of DUMBO, again with the INTENT being to draw
.........D U M B O.
yeah...Its not as good. Its not MEANT to be. In fairness, typical story guys aren't supposed to draw anything WELL, there supposed to draw it CLEAR. And fast. And if its well drawn, well that's a bonus too.
I have ALWAYS said that.
I also think that's something that creates a bit of a crutch for story people as well. Animators fall victim to other things. I'll talk about that at a later point.
I hope I've stated it for you in a way you'll understand. Let me know. If its still not clear, I'll double space it next time.
And for the record, I have no personal bias. I just speak'a da trufe! I certainly do not have a low opinion of Mr Peet's work. He was an originator, not a copier. I respect that about him.

As for you 'googling' responses to my bill peet posts. And checking around and asking people.....wow. (lil on the sad side).
But just for giggles, I wanted to see what did turn up. So I googled it myself and threw your name and countsy's name in there...I didn't even get YOU GUYS, much less anyone else.
But no doubt you did a much better check than I did. I mean you asked people! And in 'robo's world, the entire world revolves AROUND robo, and consists of only the people that robo knows or hangs out with. (READ: self centered arrogant doof?)
BUT you didn't find anything regarding my posts,,neither did I --even with your name typed in there for good measure. Perhaps you did a better search than I did. No doubt you did. I mean, after all....you DO have a wacom/cintique.
(oh wait...so do I...)

And if you like to believe that no one is reading, that's your choice robo. But people are interested for whatever reason some of my takes on the industry. That's not bragging, I don't know why. I can only guess that they find it interesting because they don't hear the type of things that I express on any given subject. Its usually, "look at my drawing co-worker, tell me I'm neat", type of stuff.

Who knows why people find it mildly interesting. They find all sorts of silly things interesting. Whether it be industry junk, to doilies, to silly cursing squirrels.
I'ZZZ ALLLL GOOOOOD!

And I'm in all sorts of forums, Robo. All sorts of them. You've even seen me in a few of those others. So yeah....I've had many a good chat about them. Don't believe me? Well, what can I say other than......'so?'

I'm glad I'm your favorite wackpacker (what ever that is).
Now go help countsy with the big words and have him help you understand them.