Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HIYA COUNTSY AND ROBO!

Well, it seems as though I've kicked over a stone and a couple of 'story guys' crawled out.
Let me take a moment to answer ole countsy-poo's post.
When I read through it, it read kinda like the hysterical raves of a ditched girlfriend.
All the way through where he complains again, for what seems to be the hundreth time about me not having a comments section (as if we havent gone through that over and over again).
Which kind of sounds like that old jilted girlfriend who leaves countless messages on your machine saying things like: "Why dont you call me!, why dont you return my CALLLLLS!I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!" And starts crying and screaming on the phone.
((creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyy!!))

HAHA! seriously, if you look at his entry, he EVEN has a bit of my post on my bloggy screen capped on his blog, some of my post circled in white and some circled in RED! With words written maniacally.
Have you ever seen a movie where the guy returns home, and looks at the mirror and there's a crazy message written in lipstick?
Yup. I half way expect to have my dog turn up in a boiling pot.
Its not surprising tho, you see 'countsy' is a leftist liberal...and liberals are an emotional mess.
What I found the most entertaining was his last sentence in the actual post:

countsy says:::
"""p.s. sorry about the sloppy handwriting on the pics. Hard to write with the old 1st gen. Wacom tablet I have at home. Man I need a Cintiq at home..."""

Isn't that precious? I've heard other story guys make remarks about wacoms and cintiq's. As if they have learned to fly the space shuttle because they are now doing more of their scribbling on high tech pads. Gimme a break......

NOW! The comments in countsies comments section. It was nice to see that countsy let the leash go long so that robo could come out to make a nice little bark and poopy on the floor.

"robo says:::
"""Sometimes, he has something interesting, like the Bill Peet interview, which I liked. Believe it or not, I agreed with Handel when he said he thought it was sad that Peet was making all sorts of outrageous claims about his accomplishments, although I disagree with some of the particulars (I've seen Peet's Dumbo drawings first hand. He drew as well as ANY animator, but I still don't believe he had to re-draw Tytla's scene.)"""

Peet was a damn good story artist, but he did not draw anything as good as an animator. I've seen those Dumbo boards, and if they weren't supposed to be DUMBO I would take them as just great drawings and place them on a par with ANY animators sketch or toss off drawing. But if its DUMBO then I compare it to the animators DUMBO drawings.
They're not as good. Your seeing things through a story guys eyes. Compare apples to apples, not apples to road kill.

Robo says:
"""However, I don't think these claims are any sadder than any of the crazy claims made by Chuck Jones, Bob Kane, or Frank and Ollie in regards to their accomplishments.""

True.But the difference is that I've read very few people go out so publicly and be as insulting to people as Peet has. Perhaps I'm wrong. If you have any articles or interviews that you can point me to, I'd appreciate it--I love that stuff. Art Babbit probably has said a few nuggets of fun, I'm sure that Kahl has said many fun things as well. Again, perhaps I'm wrong.
I'd be pretty stunned to see if Jones has said anything to the level of what Peet has said.
I also don't think Ollie and Frank have, They're just to classy a pair to have done it publicly.
Look, Bill Peet is who he is! And I love him for it. Anyway...

Robo says::
""Somehow Handel thinks he's raised a storm of controversy with his Peet posts. He hasn't. I think he got that idea from something I said about him over at Will Finn's blog about him "hating story artists""".

Robo, stop being so friggin self centered. Its not all about you and YOUR comments. Do you think your the only one reading this junk? MMMMNNNOOOOOOOO?
You did say that I hate story artists. Yes you did. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have a grand respect for the story man. (Except the ones who 'slept' there way to get there-uncool.) There are some great great people out there. And I tip my toupee' to them.
What I am speaking of, is a very large group of people, some story artists, some animators, artists that cover the spectrum of the animation industry. I just haven't gotten around to the others yet. But I will. Trust me, I will.
People are interested, and I will let them know from a very honest viewpoint...the good, the bad, and the countsy, I mean ugly.

I'm glad that you find me a guilty lil pleasure. I guess I'm like candy. Sweet and delicious. I'm here to spread my sugary goodness to all the fat people in the world. Eat up, hun.

Now, we come to the other cheek of the proverbial ass. Countsy.

countsy says

""I know what you mean, John. I mostly do the same thing, ignore him. And I totally know what you mean about him being a guilty pleasure. I guess this is really my issue. But like I said, I think I've come to think of Handjob as representing a number of people, and a certain mindset. So it's not really as much about handjob himself, but what he stands for, which I'm gonna address soon...""


Dude, do you think before you start writing? Are you a foreign student? I mean you don't even make sense sometimes. CLARITY, boy--C L A R I T Y!
This is "really your issue"? What is your issue? You say you ignore me mostly and then whine and stomp your rhinestone slippers because there's no comments page so you can....what?...ignore me?
I don't get you, man-cub. I think...I think you secretly find me attractive, and you want to whisper ugly countsy nothings (which I'm sure sounds like crusty burps smelling of old bacon and tofu), into my ear.
Dude...let me say this in the most delicate way. I don't go that way. I don't love you...I think your hideous. You remind me of smelly feet with a mouth full of yellow jagged teeth.
I DO give you permission to pine for me, though. All lowly scum must have something to live for. Like clam chowder and beef jerky.
And as for what I stand for? What would THAT BE? Ah yes...

TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY!!


All of which, being a leftist liberal, YOU wouldn't understand. Don't strain yourself, poindexter.


And lastly, 'ass in training': lil 'jack'.
Well lil 'jack-ass in training'...I'm unfamiliar with you lil feller, so I'm going to let you off with a warning. In short...
Your out of your league.
(Just ask countsy and robo what that feels like).
Watch a lil bit. See how countsy and robo and scrbbls take a blow to the cranium. How they pick themselves up, out of there own poo, to say: THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!" Only to be slapped down again.
After you observe that a few times...then and ONLY then, will I give you the pleasure of having the verbal and intellectual crap kicked out of your ears.

COMING UP NEXT: My VACATION! WHOOPEE!